If we look at the product development phase as a whole, at which point do you get involved?
I am involved at different points throughout the product development process. There are several phases:
- An inspiration phase: defining the theme, the atmosphere, the destination, the colours… The aim is to immerse users in a universe. DECATHLON has also created its own colours. The idea was for it to be coherent across all the materials and products in the range.
- A creation phase (drawings, choice of colours, prints, etc.).
- Presentation of the proposals to the Product Manager and then to the entire brand to choose the models to be developed.
- Launching the prints in production and receiving prototypes.
- The aim is then for all the prototypes to be compliant for the final selection of the products that will be produced and marketed.
I also have a role that is more oriented towards artistic direction. I work with the Merchandising and Communication teams to define together how to showcase our products.